2011年5月31日 星期二

All of this information goes into the central database

All of this information goes into the central database


All of this information goes into the central database and is used to generate statistics (any stat you can think of that isn't proprietary to someone besides BIS). The Plus/Minus system is their flagship defensive metric. It works pretty simply, actually: Every ball that is hit a particular hardness and to a particular spot is either fielded or not fielded, and we compare a specific instance to all of the other times a ball was hit to that spot with that hardness, and then give or take away points based on that comparison.

I'll give you two examples. 1) A routine ground ball hit right to the normal shortstop position, let's say that's successfully fielded 95% of the time (it might be, it might not be, I'm just grabbing a random high number). But in our example, Jed Lowrie bobbles it and can't convert the out. So he gets -0.Paypal US $4295.00, Authentic Bell Ross BR 01 Mens lacosteshoessales.95 points for that play because he failed where 95% of shortstops do not. 2) A screaming line-drive is hit to shallow right field, which is only fielded 23% of the time. Nick Markakis makes a heroic diving grab (which would be totally Birdland), so he get's +0.77 for that play.

I don't really go out of my way to read a lot of the criticisms of advanced baseball stats anymore, but when we talk about defense in particular I know the usual counter-chorus is "I watch all of the games, I know a lot more than some computer does about how good Derrek Lee is", and I can't help but think,impactplayphone offer high quality brand watch, fashion designer . well,Replica buy iwcwatchesshops, full lines of this brand you can find at our store, if that person who said that was to design a company and a system for judging defense, he would do exactly what my bosses, John Dewan and Steve Moyer, have done.

Meanwhile, I'm now a part of the BIS family,Buy these watchesabc on line. and I'm really thrilled.watchessalesonline by watcheswisshop 100% new style, free shipping to worldwide. Personally, it's always been an incredible struggle for me to feel motivated and passionate about my work as a young adult, but now I think I've found a place that really feels like a home base - that really, as stupid as it sounds, feels like a professional extension of Camden Chat. And it's my hope that my new professional situation allows me the opportunity to share some professional insight (and I don't mean my own) on the Orioles and their own ongoing struggles with you.

沒有留言:

張貼留言