2010年11月14日 星期日

Sacrifice pays off for W-K volleyball

Sacrifice pays off for W-K volleyball


Sacrifice is a common theme for winning teams, and sometimes it's the coaches who give up the most.

Whether it's family time or personal time, it gets put on the back burner. I watched in 2003 as my mom was the head coach and

my dad was one of the assistants for my brother's 13-under baseball team.

Yes,z-watch-web womenhandbags compact fluorescent light. for many years, my birthday celebrations had to be rearranged due to a baseball practices, games or tournaments.

Yes, my parents weren't able to attend many of my softball games.New and used Cartier watch others.our website supply many kinds of bagswallets. And yes, summer family vacations were to baseball tournaments where I would end up sunburned.

But it was all part of the dedication my three family members had to the team. Our team.

Without fail, after every game, my mom would spread her scorebook and stat sheets on the kitchen counter so that any chance of using it for food Admittedly,outdoor christmas decorations, seven of his 15 Test victories came against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.was gone.

In that scorebook, every single pitch thrown was marked, whether it was a strike or ball, and if the batter swung or not. If the pitch was hit, its location and how it was fielded were marked by lines that looked more like hieroglyphics.

If you weren't at the baseball game, you could easily glance at the scorebook and know exactly what happened. Her stats were just as meticulous.

When all that was done, the real work would begin. My mom would look ahead to the next opponent and see if they had played before.

Watching her scratch out a starting lineup was like watching her play a game of chess: always thinking two innings ahead. It was her mission to have every player play every position at least once.

This would take all night and would include at least one lengthy conversation between my mom, dad and brother about the game.

But, all of the hard work paid off as the team was crowned Minnesota Baseball Tournament state champions.

As I have followed the Wabasha-Kellogg volleyball team's journey to a state title, head coach Tara Biever reminded me of my mom.cctv surveillance camera is a wonderful gift-choice for any person,

"If you knew Ms. Biever at home, she literally goes home after a game and watches the video about it at least twice," senior Amanda Feils said.

"She'll dream up something, wake up in the morning, watch (the game tape) again and go to school and probably watch it again before practice. She spends her whole life on this.

"If she could chose between being a teacher and volleyball, she would chose volleyball, even though she loves teaching. That's the amazing part about it."

Tara's daughter, Kalyn, is the setter for the Falcons. And if you look in the stands, you will see John Biever.

"He's the one jumping up and down in the stands, screaming," Feils said. "He's in this right behind her. He does everything. He's scouted for us, he's been there for all of our games, everything."

Between scouting other teams and running tough practices, Tara Biever has kept everything positive, said Feils, who has been on Tara Biever's team since fourth grade.

"I've never had a coach that could push me so hard, but then not tear me down. She never tore any of us down. She's always kept us up and makes sure we know that we know we will get pulled if we don't perform," Feils said.

沒有留言:

張貼留言