2010年11月18日 星期四

Three Books To Help Grown-Ups Believe Again

Three Books To Help Grown-Ups Believe Again


When I was a kid, it was perfectly acceptable to believe unbelievable things. I believed that a plump man who loved children would sneak down my chimney bearing gifts in the middle of the night. I believed that if I left a tooth under my pillow,cctv surveillance camera is a wonderful gift-choice for any person, a winged creature would arrive to spirit it away, leaving in its place a quarter.

Didn't we all have faith that such wondrous things were possible? We didn't stop to think that Santa Claus sounds an awful lot like a predator Chris Hansen would love to catch, or that the Tooth Fairy should really be brought up on charges for breaking and entering.What Dubai is facing currently is very similar to what a lot of other countries have faced,deck lights. Adulthood may come with benefits,New and used Cartier watch others. but sadly, maintaining our sense of wonder isn't one of them. The loss of our ability to believe in magical things is the worst sort of emotional deforestation.

It's something I didn't realize until I set out to rediscover enchantment myself. We forget that beyond the commercialized holiday creatures lie the historical legends that bore them, and it's within these very human tales that true enchantment lives. When we re-engage with our stories,Cartier Tank family is the apparel product being not less recognizable. folklore and legends,z-watch-web womenhandbags compact fluorescent light. we reconnect with something we didn't even know we've left behind: the magic of belief.

沒有留言:

張貼留言